The following post was written on Oct 3rd. Somehow it ended up as a draft and was not published. I thought I’d do that now, some of the pictures give good camparison for the work that we’ve been doing on the section!
Yay, a finished quilt top to show you This is from the book “Dare to be square quilting” by Boo Davis. I love this book. The patterns are really awesome. This pattern was quite time-consuming to cut out and lay out, but the sewing together was really fast. I’d love to make this again in black, white and grey.
There are quite a few other patterns in the book that I’d like to make as well. Definitely $$ well spent.
I got the binding done on the wee dolls quilt that is for a swap too. Nice to have a job finished.
Despite letting various family and friends know that we weren’t going to be doing any demolition this weekend, what happened but a change of plans. So although we didn’t do any tree cutting, we did do a fair bit of work. Here’s pics of our progress so far…
Our little stock yards have gone (apart from the posts which are concreted in). Just one paling left to remove. I ran out of steam to do the last one. Almost 4 hours of hammering. My little “ladies” hammer gave up the ghost and I had to change over to the “mans” one. I did prefer the ladies ones as it was easier to swing. Oh well, I’ll just have to replace it.
The small fence into the back paddock is down (again apart from the post).
The pig pen which Ian took down last weekend. Check out the rain coming in from the hills in the background. (scuse the spots on the camera lens, my camera needs replacing).
The corner garden being taken out. We planted garlic and onions here a few months ago. I’m going to try transplanting the garlic. It might not work, but it’s worth a try. I’ll try transplanting my big rosemary bush too.
The progress on the new pig pen. By the time Ian was finished tonight, all the sides were up, just need to do the roofing for their house part. Fingers crossed that’ it’s ready in time for the new tenants It’s deceptively bigger than it looks, the long sides are 7 metres in length.
Cameron has generously let me use his sandpit for a new carrot garden. We topped up the sand with some lovely compost from under the tress where the pig pen is going. I’ll plant out some carrot seeds in there tomorrow.
Sadly one of our hens had to be culled today. She has been under the weather for quite a while. I put her in a hospital cage last weekend and since then she had eaten nothing at all. I let her out yesterday and she drank water, but nothing else. I looked up my trusty poultry book and it’s likely she had a virus that can’t be treated. I was a bit sad as she was my favourite hen. A gorgeous white hen with grey wings (like white Sussex markings). So to put her out of her misery and end her slow starvation she was culled
Read Full Post »