Number 6 is done – YAY!!!
I have admit this one nearly didn’t get made at all.
It’s a quilting bee quilt, sort of anyway. Out of all the bee’s I’ve been in (10 in total, 4 of which are still currently running) this was the worst and nearly put me off quilting bees completely. It was only the 2nd or 3rd bee I’d participated in and I was still a bit naive I think. I only ended up with 8 blocks back instead of the 11 I should have had. I asked for paper pieced blocks, which is something I would never do now that I have hindsight, not only because a lot of bee participants will say yes they are happy to do paper piecing, but in reality they are not that keen, but also I got everyone to print off their own pattern pieces and not everyone was printing to scale (including me)! So out of the 9 blocks I had (including mine), 3 were the wrong size, one was made from different white fabric than I sent (it did matter as it was almost a cream instead). So 3 blocks had to be remade just to make up the 9 that you see here.
I like the quilt now that it’s made up, but it was a bit of a mission to get it complete.
I haven’t been totally put off quilting bees, in fact some of them have been fantastic!