I’ve been working mostly on bee blocks today, but I had to finish the block in the pic above first. It’s been rumbling around in my head for a few weeks now. I find the best way for me to not lose an idea is to just get it started (hence all the in-progress things on my table). I really need to learn to sketch down my ideas instead.
So you might be thinking what’s so special about the “Circle of geese” block then? Yes I made one a few weeks ago for myDQ Swap, but this one, I’ve upsized. Yes, I have a habit of barstardizing patterns to suit a vision I have. This was as big as I could get the photocopier to go and still fit it on the paper, so not an exact number. It’s 20 inches squares. I love the way it turned out, it will be the centre piece for a quilt. Going large in foundation piecing, not easy, it actually makes it harder to piece, not easier. Who would have thought that? Not me. Go figure.
Blocks for quilting bees…
For Rebecca, disappearing nine patch, love the easy pattern, love the fabric, Santorini.
For Laura, I have to say I hated this pattern. It’s a real bugger to get the pieces to match up (yes hindsight or practice might have helped), but I’m not known for being logical. Anyway it matches up as best I can do. Still not happy though, I’m a Virgo, I like things symmetrical.
For Tracy, nice easy pattern, Amish Diamond and some cute blocks made with the leftovers.
So, now I’m up to date. None of the blocks were late but now I’m in 5 quilting bees, 2 mini quilt swaps and 2 fabric swaps I need to be on top of things. I like to get blocks made within a week of receiving the fabric, but sometimes things get in the way.
I finished up two more pairs of pants, one for Cam and one that will go in the shop. I haven’t taken a pic of Cam’s other pair, they are nice though, dark denim with colourful alphabet knee patches. Here’s a pic of the girl ones. I had this fabric in my stash for ages and had to use it sometime.
Tomorrow I’m making Cam some long sleeve Merino tops, and then Wednesday I’ll be working on a swap, my end of the bargain is a set of placemats and napkins. Hoping to have that finished by the end of the week.
I made my first batch of Roasted Tomato Sauce today. We finally had enough ripe tomatoes to make some. Just enough for 4 servings of Pizza sauce when I had finished. We are back to having strong wind again, some of the Sunflowers are just about to start flowering, here’s hoping they can stand up long enough.
We did a berry picking run on the weekend. Sad. 90% of the plants are gone, from logging in the area, what left is mostly swamp. We got about a litre container of raspberries in an hour. We used to get about 6 times that. Still was better than nothing. I also got a few mosquito bites for my trouble, stink! I am allergic to them. The back of my arm is really sore (from the muscle being swollen). Hope it goes down soon.
Read Full Post »