Well, having a Hysterectomy is no walk in the park, I can assure you of that. The hospital was noisy and boring. The food was so bad I lost 3kg in 4 days. I was also stuck in a ward with the geriatrics, who made a lot of noise at night. Just my luck. I did have one nice roommate my own age for 2 days. I had lovely visitors. I have a great husband who kept things ticking over fantastically at home. So, while I’m healing I can’t drive for 4 weeks, hang washing, garden, mow lawns or vacuum etc for 6 weeks. I find it really frustrating to not be able to get on with stuff. There are small parts of the garden that need weeding, but I can’t do them. On Saturday Ian did a whole lot of digging and planting potatoes. I sat in the woodshed at the seed and planted seeds. At least I felt I was doing something constructive. The garden is doing great, heaps of strawberries coming on, despite the horrible weather we’ve had.
I am getting some small amounts of sewing done. I finished a few quilting bee blocks……..
This one for Tacha for the Sew Kid bee
This one for Fabric lover in the Live Piecefully bee
Yesterday I cleaned out my “unfinished projects” drawer. I got 2 pairs of shorts fixed for Cam (commercially made shorts that were too large with the elastic sewn into the waistband), they’ve been waiting for a while. A pair of Cam’s pants lengthened by adding a cuff on them, so they will last a bit longer and a PJ top that needed new buttons on (I took the buttons off and put small snaps on instead). Then in my drawer I found a project I’d given up on over a year ago. Now it’s finished!
Japanese Knot bag – reversible
Cute isn’t it. I’ll have to give it away though, as I know though I love the fabric, it’s not something I’ll ever use
I got a block sewn for Miniature Quilter for the Sew Kid bee. She is making a planes and helicopters quilt for her son.
Today I’m going to work on some of the other projects I found in the drawer, like the smocket dress cut out, the bib half finished, the other 3 cut out bibs (backed with the loveliest cotton velour towelling), the other 2 half sewn bags etc.
I have finally got fabric to finish of our NZ quilt and the jumbo wonky log cabin quilt, but that will have to wait a few days till I’m up to the job.